The BSCI principal is Ed Benjamin. Ed is a retired United States Air Force Colonel, who spent several years in his 27 year military career involved in the acquisition process. He started writing proposals in 1991 and has enjoyed a successful career as a proposal writer and manager.
In addition, BSCI has contracted with several other highly successful proposal, technical, and advertising writers to provide depth to our clients with proposal, technical, business, and advertising writing services.
Resume for Ed Benjamin
WARREN E.("ED") BENJAMIN
6418 Ryan Ray
Bulverde, Texas 78163
Objective: Combine extensive experience and superior leadership to manage proposals that WIN contracts.
Summary of Proposal Experience/Contract Awards
1. Led proposal teams with to win over $7 billion in US, foreign, state, and county government contract awards.
2. 19 years of experience managing over 75 proposals to 17 different government agencies for 15 separate companies.
Proposals/Contract Production Experience:
Design, Manufacture, Test, Delivery and Support of Aircraft and Avionics Equipment
1. Cornerstone to the Lockheed Martin/AgustaWestland winning proposal for the United States Presidential Helicopter program as AW Proposal Manager and lead proposal writer (Initial Contract Award - $1.7 billion, Current Contract Value - $6 billion).
2. Skillfully produced AgustaWestland’s (AW) winning proposal for the lease of 8 AW-109 helicopters customized for the US Coast Guard (Contract Award - $90 million) .
3. Singlehandedly managed and wrote five proposals for sale of Axsys Technologies Stabilized Electro/Optical and Infrared Camera Systems for customers such as:
o United Nations peacekeeping operations in Africa (Contract Award - $2 million)
o Department of Defense Counter-Narcoterrorism Technology Program Office (Contract Award - $5 million)
o German State Police
o California Power and Electric
4. Single Proposal Writer for an AW Helicopter proposal to provide 20 Light Utility Helicopters to the Government of Sweden (Contract Award - $167 million)
5. Adeptly crafted the winning proposal for AW to design, manufacture, test, deliver and support helicopters for the government of Trinidad and Tobago (Contract Award - $8 million)
6. Proposal Writer for AW to design, manufacture, test, deliver, support and provide technology transfer of 187 AW-129 Attack Helicopter for the Turkish Land Forces.
7. Single Proposal Writer for the design, manufacture, test, delivery, and support of AB412 Griffon (CH-146) tactical utility helicopter for the Canadian military forces.
8. Proposal Manager and Single Proposal Writer for three AW programs entailing the design, manufacture, test, delivery and support of helicopters for the US Border Patrol (USBP)
9. Proposal Manager and Single Proposal Writer for an AW proposal for the design, manufacture, test, delivery and support of helicopters for the Drug Enforcement Agency.
10.Proposal Manager for an AW proposal for the sale of 352 Light Utility Helicopters to the U.S. Army.
11. AgustaWestland Proposal Manager and Lead Proposal Writer for the US Air Force re-competition for the Combat Search and Rescue Replacement.
12. Proposal Manager and Lead Proposal Writer for the $350 million AW response to a Request for Information and the subsequent Request for Proposal from the Government of Trinidad and Tobago (Contract Award - $350 million)
13. Capture Manager and AW Helicopter Group Response Manager for response to Sources Sought Notice for the sale of 512 Armed Reconnaissance Helicopters for the US Army
14. Singlehandedly wrote winning proposal for Raytheon Aerospace Corporation Contract Logistics Support (CLS) to support T-1A aircraft at several US Air Force bases (Contract award - $600 million).
15. Proposal Writer and reviewer for Lear Siegler Management Services (LSMSC) CLS contract for both the US Air Force and US Army (administered by Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, OK) (Contract Award - $250 million)
16. Handpicked to write Dominion Management Services Corporation (DMSC) proposal to perform stevedore and longshoreman loading/unloading operations for the US Army in Oakland, CA (Contract Award - $24 million)
17. Single Proposal Writer and Assistant Proposal Manager for Boeing Aerospace Operations CLS proposal
18. Proposal Manager and Volume Writer for LSMSC to provide trainer maintenance at the School of Applied Aerospace Sciences, Sheppard AFB, TX
19. Proposal Manager and Single Proposal Writer for Dominion Management Services Corporation (DMSC) to provide spares procurement services for the US Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS), Kelly AFB, TX
20. Single Proposal Writer for DMSC to perform T-41 Tank Overhaul and Maintenance for the US Army in Kuwait
21.Proposal Manager and Single Proposal Writer for an Aerie Group proposal to perform Inspection Services for Commercial Airliners in foreign countries which are financed by the US Export Import Bank (Washington, DC)
Base Operating Services (BOS) support
22. Winning Proposal Manager and Lead Proposal Writer for Kamal al-Sultan Company (KMS) to provide Mess Attendant and Food Services in Kuwait (Contract Award - $260 million)
23. Selected as a United Services LLC Red Team Reviewer then personally handpicked as Proposal Writer for an Operations and Management Services proposal for the Iraqi Ministry of Electricity at seven power plants in Iraq (Contract Award - $24 million)
24. Proposal Manager and Single Proposal Writer for Sultan Company to provide food services for the Main Dining Hall at Camp Doha, Kuwait
25. Proposal production consultant for Lear Siegler Management Services Corporation (LSMSC) writers preparing a turnkey BOS proposal, Vance AFB, OK
26. Proposal Manager and Single Proposal Writer for a Public Warehouse Company (PWC) to provide Household Goods Storage for the US Embassy in Kuwait
27. Proposal Manager and Single Proposal Writer for KMS to provide Air Conditioning Services for Desert Environment at Camp Doha, Kuwait
28. Proposal Manager and Single Proposal Writer for a DMSC proposal to provide full-scope BOS support to a major US Air Force Base as part of an A-76 competition.
29. Proposal Manager and Single Proposal Writer for four Security Guard Services proposals at various federal government agencies projects
30. Section Writer for a Rowe Contracting Services Grounds Maintenance services section of a Lockheed Martin BOS proposal for classified facilities
Base Operating Services (BOS) support
31. Prepared the winning proposal for Lear Siegler Management Services Corporation (LSMSC) to provide Aircraft Maintenance and Refueling Services for Air Force Trainer Aircraft (T-37 and T-38) at Sheppard Air Force Base (AFB), TX (Contract Award = $130 million)
32. Proposal Manager for three Aircraft Maintenance Services proposals (Columbus AFB, MS; Reese AFB, TX; and Vance AFB, OK) as Director of Air Force Business for LSMSC
33. Writer and Red Team member for a LSMSC US Army Helicopter Maintenance proposal (which included BOS functions) at the Army Aviation School, Fort Rucker, AL
34. Proposal Manager and Single Proposal Writer for Army Fixed Wing Aviation Maintenance
35. Proposal Manager and Single Proposal Writer for LSMSC to provide Aircraft Maintenance Services at Holloman AFB, NM
36. Capture Manager, Proposal Manager and Single Proposal Writer for two LSMSC plans to provide Transient Alert Aircraft Services at Whiteman AFB, MO and then eight additional Air Combat Command bases
37. Proposal Manager and Single Proposal Writer for an Aerie Group proposal to conduct US Marine Corps Helicopter Maintenance in Hawaii
Software and Enterprise solutions
37. Proposal Manager and Single Proposal Writer for the Gravitant Corporation to provide Independent Verification and Validation of Health and Human Services Medicare Benefits Software Administration for the State of Texas
38. Proposal Manager and Single Proposal Writer for a Comptest Corporation to provide web site development and software administration for the State of California Bicycle Program Administration
40. Managed numerous Comptest Corporation responses for IFB hardware sales and computer/software training classes for various government entities.
41. Penned the winning proposal for the Animal Control Facility contract in Fulton County, GA (Contract Award - $450,000.00)
27 year US Air Force veteran (1963-1990) with Vietnam theater combat experience; Honorably retired as a Colonel
Extensive expertise in aircraft maintenance, maintenance organizations, technical training, acquisitions, and logistics
Command experience at all organizational levels including US Air Force Wing Commander
1. Experienced in all aspects of the bid process including review of any government solicitation documents (i.e. Request for Proposal, Request for Quotation, Invitation for Bid, etc.), assistance with bid/no-bid decision, determination of exact requirements necessary to prepare a superior proposal, and production of a fully compliant proposal
2. Demonstrated ability to work as leader of a team, part of a team, or independently…all with phenomenal results
Extensive experience as a Reviewer for Proposal Pink Teams (evaluation of themes and initial approach), Red Teams (review and analysis of final proposal documents), and Green Teams (rewrite to correct Red Team discrepancies)
In-depth familiarity and personal experience in both sides (government and contractor) of the proposal process
1. Master of Arts,Political Science, Auburn University, Magna Cum Laude (1975)
2. Bachelor of Arts, History, St. Andrews Presbyterian College (1962)
3. Associates of Arts, Law, Presbyterian Junior College (1960)
4. US Air Force Air War College (1984)
5. US Air Force Air Command and Staff College, Distinguished Graduate (1975)
6. US Air Force Squadron Officer School, Chief of Staff Award,(1970)
7. US Air Force Aircraft Maintenance Staff Officer Course (1968)
8. US Air Force Academic Instructor School (1965)
9. US Air Force Aircraft Maintenance Officer Course (1964)